The transition from conscious to directed energy will be explained with an example of a concept called 'level of observation'.
Process outputs that appear random are doing so at the level of observation by the observer. A more intricate understanding of the processes behind the processes would lead to greater understanding of the underlying functionalities. (information)
Indeed, information and energy are very closely linked.
The example, on the right, comes from the quality improvement techniques used in organizations (TGM, TQC, QI etc.)
1. We look at the output of a process and measure the variation of the critical output parameters. A statistical distribution will appear.
2. The big idea in the quality improvement field is to look at these distributions as information about the steps prior.
3. Of course, these prior steps have their own variations, leading again to other prior steps.
4. Each step along the way provides more information on the actual functionalities leading up to the outputs.
5. We are moving from observing randomness to observing functionality, information and directed energy.
to UGD intro page